by the Development Team
Platinum Educational Group has partnered with Respondus Lockdown Browser for secure online testing in EMSTesting & PlatinumTests. This brand new feature will be launched in early March 2015 and is called Platinum Secure Testing and is available to school instructors and is included in your school subscription to EMSTesting and PlatinumTests.
When students use Platinum Secure Testing, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Below is a feature list of what Platinum Secure Testing does.
- Tests are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited.
- Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machine, and network monitoring applications are blocked from running.
- Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled.
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled.
- URLs cannot be typed by the user.
- Available for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Available lab edition for schools to install in their computer labs.
If you would like to use Platinum Secure Testing in EMSTesting and PlatinumTests, it is available in the “add test to class” screen. Checking Require Platinum Secure Testing will require your students to download software onto their computers, which is available before they begin their test(s).
If you have any questions regarding this new feature, please contact our Customer Service Team or by phone at 616-818-7877.